Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kid Rock Gets Creative With Launch of New Craft Beer

**photo obtained from NBA.com

Cheers to you, Kid Rock! Way to take our poor economic situation into your own hands by coming up with a creative way to pump some life into the mitten state. Most celebrities create a clothing line, jewelry or perfume. But not Kid Rock. He's staying true to his nitty-gritty roots and creating a line of his own beer, with the help of the Michigan Brewing Co.

According to this Detroit Free Press article, Bobby Ritchie is calling all the shots regarding the name, design and pricing of the beer. But the best news of all is the creation of almost 400 new jobs in Michigan. Governor Granholm should be thrilled to hear that!

The Kid Rock branded beer is expected to hit shelves this spring. MAL has high hopes that Kid will introduce his new beer at his favorite bar, the Clarkston Union. We shall see...

2 comments:

Lindsay-Jean said...

That's fun! I'm with MAL, and hope I get to try it at the Union in May!!

metrogal84 said...

Haha, I totally was going to write about this too!

I can't wait to see what it's like...now my friends won't make fun of me for just drinking PBR because it's the only American beer out there...not I have a choice...PRB or Kid's brew!