Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pay Homage to Your Favorite Viral Video with YouTube-inspired Shirt

**Image obtained from Mashable

We all have our favorite "fall out of our chairs" laughing YouTube videos that we constantly watch and share with friends. Two stellar videos that stand out in my mind are "Charlie bit my finger - again!" and "Whistle Tips with Bub Rub"

So imagine my excitement when I learned these highly popular vids and others are the inspiration behind Shirts Taste Good, a company that designs and sells YouTube-inspired T-shirts. I first read about this startup from a post on Mashable, and I immediately shared the link on my Facebook page because I think it's an insanely creative idea that has massive potential for success. This is one of those "why the heck didn't I think of that?" ventures. I can think of about a dozen friends who would find it absolutely hysterical to get one of these shirts as a birthday or Christmas gift. 

The prices are pretty reasonable, with new shirts released each week starting at $14.95 and the more popular ones at $17.95 (plus shipping).

My only gripe is the color selection. Each shirt only comes in one color right now, and while I love me some Bub Rub and Lil Sis, I'm not big on black T-shirts. Hopefully color variation is a next step in a Shirt Taste Good's business plan. 

The company currently offers a pretty good selection of YouTube classics, but you can submit your favorite video for consideration if it didn't make the cut. Wonder what the "Leave Kwame Alone" shirt would look like? ;)

3 comments:

Lindsay-Jean said...

That's hilarious!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! You're right, definitely need more color options though...

Kate @ Stolen Moments said...

That is such a great idea!

I just stumbled across your page while looking for Detroit area bloggers, because we seem to be either a rather small or a rather quiet group. Great to have found you and I look forward to visiting more!