Sunday, September 21, 2008

A New Resource to Find Out if Your Pitch Sucks

To succeed in PR, one must possess creative characteristics. PR pros must write, think, pitch and communicate creatively. It's difficult to rank those in order of importance, but I definitely think pitching creativity takes the gold.

I recently came across this Web site, YourPitchSucks.com. It reviews your pitches and tells you straight up whether or not your pitch sucks. The idea came to Jim Kukral after many failed attempts of gaining publicity from his pitches and news releases. He later figured out that it was as simple as this: His pitches sucked! So Jim wants to help perfect your pitch before you send it out to journalists, especially when you're responding to queries via ProfNet or Help a Reporter Out.

So all you have to do is sign up (it's free!) and submit your pitch for review. Now I will admit, I have signed up, but I haven't gotten as far as submitting a pitch yet. I definitely plan to in the near future to see what kind of feedback I receive. If anyone has previously submitted a pitch, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you feel about this service and if the feedback was valuable. Feel free to respond to this post, shoot me an e-mail or DM me on Twitter.

No comments: